moderated Re: add mod choices "reply and lock topic" or "reply and moderate topic" #suggestion

Michael Pavan

"reply and lock" and "reply and moderate” would still require that Moderator to rush their reply before someone else can reply because the topic has yet to be locked or moderated until the Moderator’s notifying reply has been sent…

Better yet either:
-allow Moderators to not be subject to the lock or moderation;
or
-the lock or moderation begins immediately, but that Moderator is allowed one more reply.

Self-moderation may function as a safe guard for Moderators who post without adequate proof-reading, however if this is desirable why should not everyone get a “Is this really what you want to post” notice as an extra step in the posting process.

On Oct 10, 2018, at 2:30 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@gmail.com> wrote:

When I plan to lock or moderate a topic, I usually announce in a reply that I'm doing so, and then I have to rush to do it before someone else can reply. To avoid that, I am suggesting including moderator options "reply and lock" and "reply and moderate" under the "more" menu, thus eliminating the problem.