moderated Re: Language

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I really don't think the exact mechanism of banishment is relevant.

I agree that some people will probably have their accounts deleted.  That is the ultimate "permanent ban on posting privileges" provided you don't have one of those people who repeatedly tries to sneak back in under a different guise (and generally has a tell that's so instantly recognizable that it's laughable that they'd try).

I chose that wording simply because that's exactly how we do it "on that other site."  The only time an account is actually deleted is if a member requests it, and even then removal of an account does not strike any of the content that they posted while they had an account.

We actually purge all spam messages, and if you had a robo-spammer or tag team that can take some effort!