moderated Re: Language

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:38 PM, Jim Higgins wrote:
Scrap the whole thing.
and go back to:   Spamming is strictly prohibited and will lead to an immediate and permanent ban on posting privileges.

If one wishes to remove "strictly," fine.  I just think it's important that it be made crystal clear that spamming, any kind of spamming, is a swiftly and irrevocably punishable offense.  It's not a suspension, or being put on moderated status, but a "You're OUT!," offense.

Those who come to spam come for no other reason.

An odd off-topic message or off-topic topic "among friends" isn't spam, though both seem to really annoy the more anal retentive in any group.  For myself, unless the behavior is constant on the part of a specific member, I think that in all groups each of us occasionally wants to ask "folks we know" in cyberspace about something that's not strictly on topic for a group and that's fine if not abused.