moderated Re: Language

The same error is in the suggested change. Needs ‘or’ before ‘gender based’

On Oct 10, 2018, at 7:58 PM, Sharon Villines via Groups.Io <sharon=sharonvillines.com@groups.io> wrote:

Re: Language
From: J_Catlady
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2018 20:28:11 EDT

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 11:55 AM, Sharon Villines wrote:

There will be no racial, ethnic, gender based insults or any other personal discriminations.
Unfortunately I don't have time to proof-read the whole thing, but the sentence above stands out for its lack of the word "or" before "gender based." It's an actual grammatical error.

There would also preferably be a comma after "insults," but that lack is a matter of preference rather than correctness. The term "personal discriminations" also seems a bit odd. But those two are minor compared to the grammatical error.
And unfortunately, I didn’t write that sentence. I suggested:

Racial, ethnic, gender based insults, or any other personal discriminations will not be tolerated and can lead to …
Gender based should have a en dash.

Sharon