moderated Re: add mod choices "reply and lock topic" or "reply and moderate topic" #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 09:59 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
It seems like the other way ("reply and lock") would be much easier to implement, though.
Perhaps, I really can't say.  I find the idea of moderators being "superusers," group owners being "super superusers," and Mark (or the site admin) being "God," as far as permissions go, with each level always having set privileges that include the ability to add to any thread under their respective control much easier to implement.  It also seems to me that with increasing responsibility it's implicitly expected that those having it will be more cautious and circumspect in their actions.  I know I am.

It's so interesting how one's own experience shapes how one views this.  As a moderator I do not want to have to "unmoderate" a topic, even momentarily, if I want to post to it myself.  It sounds like you're just the opposite.  I just don't feel any need to keep myself on moderation because I'm the gatekeeper of moderation and am acutely aware of what's moderated.

But, a lot of that also comes from the fact that I use the web interface almost exclusively, where the graphics that come with topics indicating something is moderated or locked are virtually impossible to miss.  If I am replying to a locked or moderated topic it's a very conscious choice.