moderated Re: Moderator vs Manager

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I also disagree strongly.   I don't know when it is finally going to sink in for some people that venues have cultures and the meaning of terms within those venues is very well established.  The term "moderator" and the role is very well known.   The moderator is also absolutely not an equal when they are exercising the role, and they are nothing but an equal when they are not.  That's a fact.

You (for any you) had ought to try to acquaint yourself with the mores and folkways of the place you're entering before trying to make terminology mean something it doesn't.

I also agree that "manager" sounds far more "boss like" than moderator does.  Moderator generally means someone who keeps order when necessary, and not just in groups online.  If it's not necessary then they don't do it.