locked Re: Not permitted groups

Steph Mathews

Mark, Below are my thoughts, your words will be in between quotation marks.

“Please ensure that your group adheres to our Terms of Service.”  Some people might not know what adheres mean.  “We believe in freedom of expression and Groups.io, as a broad-based service, is designed to respect many different perspectives and enable them to co-exist seamlessly and effortlessly. With that said, we do not permit the following:

- Pornography, adult content or nudity (this will link to the existing pornography page).”  I would also add that this could cause people to have infected computers or other pieces of technology.

“- Harassment of any kind.

- Groups dedicated to media sharing or other illegal activities.

- Groups dedicated to the promotion of alt-right ideas.

- Groups dedicated to the promotion of conspiracy theories, including but not limited to: Gamergate, Pizzagate, and Qanon.

- Groups that are designed strictly to be advertisements or to otherwise game our group directory.”  You might want to reword that.  I don’t know how, but someone could easily not know what you mean or not understand it.

Also, I have 1 more suggestion.  As it stands someone can edit/make changes on the site for the group they’ve created and not get it approved.  Yet, anyway.  The suggestion is put somekind of block in place to prevent then from doing anything till you make your decision because that could easily trick them in thinking that it is approved and that they can start getting the word out.  Have a blessed day! Steph