moderated Re: Preview option in file upload dialog #suggestion

Marv Waschke

For me, this is "a feature in search of a purpose." I see these previews quite often lately in many applications and it seems like a waste of resources.

I suppose it is intended to stop folks from inadvertently uploading the wrong object, thereby using local resources to protect server resources, which makes some sense. But I personally have only been annoyed by previews. I might have appreciated it, perhaps, when I was submitting large documents into doc management systems like SharePoint and occasionally loaded the wrong version, but even then, I'm not sure a preview would have prevented the error. Others may have other experience.

Best, Marv