moderated Re: Web-only group #suggestion

Jim Higgins

Received from J_Catlady at 10/1/2018 12:54 AM UTC:

I agree that yours is complicated but I strongly disagree that mine is "exclusionary" any more than any other kind of groups that certain people, due to their tastes, may not want to join is exclusionary.

Really? I think it's one thing to create a group devoted to cats that someone like me wouldn't want to join because my taste doesn't run to cats. It's quite something else to create a group that excludes people based on the method they might prefer to use to access that group.

It's one thing to exclude people from (for example) a restaurant because they're shirtless and shoeless, but quite another thing to exclude them because they arrived in a red car. Yet both are a matter of taste to those potential restaurant patrons.

Jim H