moderated Easier way to delete photos #suggestion

Following on the comments in the other photo thread, about deleting photos one by one: I embarked on a cleanup project for my group's emailed photos and have quickly become bogged down in an exponential process, namely: I can only click on and delete one photo at a time, and after refreshing the page (which is the only way to click on and delete the next photo), I end up back at the top of the page and am faced with traversing the list again down to where I was. With hundreds of photos, this is becoming sisyphean.

Could there be a "delete" checkbox below each thumbnail, so that you can check a bunch of them at a time and delete them in one fell swoop?