moderated Re: Web-only group #suggestion

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 05:38 PM, Jim Higgins wrote:
It also strikes me that such a group will lose any significant sense of community unless some sort of "Display Name" that would have no connection to the real life identity were required,
I totally disagree. All, or most, social media that uses handles instead of real IDs still create a significant sense of community. Second, you may not want a "sense of community" in some situations. For example, I originally suggested the anonymous group idea for my business. I don't want the group members to know each other or be able to communicate with each other via email. (For the record, there were some "seconds" to the idea of that application.)