moderated Re: Web-only group #suggestion

J,

Making it a by-member option would defeat the purpose (i.e., make it into another feature).

Fair enough.

One other thing that I think you do not want to copy from the Yahoo Groups feature is that an anonymous member there is anonymous even to the group managers -- not even the group owners or mods are privy to such a member's email address.

Doing that here, I think, would introduce the need for an alternate unique identifier (i.e. the currently unused User Name). That bit of complication may have played a role in the perception of "too complicated" that bothered some people about the prior incarnation of the anonymous group idea.

Shal