moderated Re: Web-only group #suggestion

p.s. I, too, avoid FB like the plague. So I'm with you there. :)

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 5:06 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
Shal,

The idea of an anonymous group (as suggested here long ago, I think first by me?) is that the entire group membership is purposely anonymous so that members would not have access to each other's email addresses. Making it a by-member option would defeat the purpose (i.e., make it into another feature).

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 4:55 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
J,

I was thinking more along the lines that there might be some flaw in the idea.

I don't see any flaw, exactly, but the limitation of not receiving message content by email would be a bit of a show-stopper for me. So that would be my #1 pick for an alteration to your idea.

Even given its extensive notification capability, I seldom find myself pulled back into Facebook, or into traditional web fora for that matter. Not being able to post by email would certainly dampen my participation in most groups. So a distant #2 would be to allow members to choose whether or not to be anonymous.
Shal