moderated Re: Web-only group #suggestion

J,

I haven’t thought this through and there may be some flaws in it, but it strikes me as possibly a way to easily implement the long-ago asked-for ‘anonymous group’ idea.

There are some features to think about, such as Private replies and the Email button in the Directory. The simplest answer might be to eliminate those features in such a group. Or maybe send them anyway, with the warning that one's email address goes in the outbound message.

I don't want to blow up your idea by getting bogged down with options and details (as happened to this suggestion before, I think), but another choice would be to handle those two features with outbound no-reply emails. That might be a bit frustrating for the recipient, and making it otherwise starts to lead us down the rabbit-hole.

Shal