moderated Re: Web-only group #suggestion

Ronaldo,

Yahoogroups allows groups in which people can post anonymously, if they post from the web-interface.
I'm not sure which one is better, or whether it's worth having both options.

The primary advantage of the Yahoo Groups mechanism is that it allows email-only members to participate in the group. Their address is exposed in the outbound From field, as normal, but that is their choice and trade-off for not having to log in and post at the group.

That might be one reason to allow both options. Some groups I'm sure would want to prevent members from participating with their email address exposed (and ward off the evils of email posting mentioned by Tom H), others might let the member choose.

Shal