Re: Strip Out Embedded images #suggestion

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Sep 23, 2018 at 04:18 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
To me, stripping all embedded images just to cope with the proliferation problem feels like tossing the baby with the bathwater. In many of my groups there's a large value in being able to include illustrations or snap-shots in the running text of the messages. My goal would be to make that work as smoothly as possible in most cases.
I do understand why some people would choose not to implement this in their own group(s). However, keep in mind that much of the problem stems not at all from the original post, but all the replies from subscribers that fail to trim.

And Groups.io has largely achieved that. Were it not for group storage limits I wouldn't even have much heartache over the duplicated images resulting from replies, or the superfluous images in some members' sigs. Yes, they make a mess of the Emailed Photos album, but that's a feature I'm willing to ignore so long as messages can retain their image components.
Different group owners have different priorities. The storage limit and cluttered Emailed Photos album are both legitimate concerns and should not be tossed off as unimportant.

This option strikes me as fairly simple to implement, and I cannot fathom why anyone would object to having the tool in our toolbox.

Regards,
Bruce