Re: Strip Out Embedded images #suggestion

Bruce,

And so, with some trepidation, I would like to resurrect the idea of a
group option that strips embedded images from messages and does
something with them besides letting them just proliferate in the
Emailed Photos folder.
As you may know, images can be embedded in HTML formatted messages using a few different schemes, only one of which ("cid") would be subjected to the existing group Attachments control, and apparently that is also the only scheme that gets listed in the Emailed Photos folder.
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/11066

I would support changes to handle images in a more uniform way, and perhaps with a separate control similar to the Attachments control, but operating only on embedded images.

I just spent the last two hours deleting a bunch of dupe images linked
to messages saying things like "me too."
My suggestion for dealing with sig images would likely help with quoted images too.
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/15545

Shal