moderated Re: Footer variations in individual emails

Mark,

... I suggest changing your group to Force HTML Emails, if you like
the HTML footers, or PlainTextOnly if you want the plain text footers.
Maybe "Force HTML Emails" should be a subscription option rather than a group option. Or in addition to.

That way members who seem incapable (for whatever reason) of "going private" by simply copying the original From address into the To address of their reply can be told to check that box in their subscription. Without inflicting the rest of the group members with more HTML.

(I DO NOT suggest the same for Plain Text Only, as that has consequences for how messages appear on the group's Messages pages. Also some group moderators prefer it as an "anti-exploit" feature, over and above any "cleaning" of HTML message bodies that Groups.io does.)

Shal