moderated Re: Groups.io Message Editor #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018 at 01:44 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Exactly, break in the social contract.
I won't take one ounce of credit for the phrase being used here, but boy did it cross my mind last night.

There are certain conventions/contracts very strongly entangled with certain media.  Groups, whether "announcement only" or "conversation" have been, since day one, understood to send any message intended for the group to the whole group.  One does not get to pick and choose who gets what messages, except for private messages.

If people can't accept the social contract inherent in a "groups media" then they had ought not be using it.