moderated Re: Settings, Preferences, Etc. #suggestion

Michael Pavan

Changing the wording of “Post Preference” to "Editor Preference” and "Which editor to use for composing messages on the website." is less clear.
I have to agree that
| A label such as, "Send/Post messages in the following format," with the HTML/Markdown/Plain Text choices would be much clearer.

Plus, some explanation of how each choice will affect Message Footers would be helpful…

On Sep 21, 2018, at 1:20 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi Brian,

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 7:42 AM Brian Vogel <britechguy@gmail.com> wrote:

I realize that some of this cannot be changed due to the hybrid nature of the Groups.io e-mail/web forum setup. What would be helpful, though, is a bit of, "If you're looking for," location pointer text on the various preferences/settings pages. A good example of this is for the the format one wishes to send messages in. This is found on the following webpage (I'm assuming one is logged in), https://groups.io/account?page=prefs, but I could not find that again to save my life until Lena mentioned it. On that page the preference in relation to this is listed as "Post Preference," which I also think is not precisely clear as far as e-mail participants are concerned. A label such as, "Send/Post messages in the following format," with the HTML/Markdown/Plain Text choices would be much clearer.

I hadn't thought the wording was unclear, but now I see it definitely was. I've gone through the accounts pages, the subscription page and the member page (when a owner/mod views someone's subscription). I've tried to make the text more clear and I've added a bunch of panels to group things better as well. I have not yet added a pointer from the subscription page to the accounts pages, but I'm thinking about it.