moderated Re: icon for private-reply topics #suggestion

Marina

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:33 AM, J_Catlady wrote:

But that actually brings up another idea: the ability to set topics to thst
directky.
Such a feature would be very useful.
My group use mandatory hashtags created only by Mods, adding another hashtag is likely to increase confusion in those members who already have difficulty in posting messages with a proper subject.

In my view, the "private reply only" option should be available both to moderators in the drop down menu under the messages in Topics view (so that moderators may have a less harsh alternative to locking a topic) and to members who, for any reason, may wish their queries to be answered privately. Although I must say that I have mixed feelings about freely letting members set their topics to private reply only. In general, we encourage people to share information and opinions.

Have a nice day everybody,
Marina