moderated Re: Groups.io Message Editor #suggestion

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 09:33 PM, Jim Higgins wrote:
Not all groups are "conversation groups"... and with the ability to insert a"Reply-to:" header we have lost the ability to expect that responses are limited to group, sender or moderator (or some combination of those).
This is a case where the type of group is completely, utterly irrelevant.   If you want what you say you want then manage a private mailing list within your e-mail client.

Groups are meant, whether conversation/announcement only to go to ALL MEMBERS of a group when you reply to the group.  You, for any you, don't get to pick and choose and shouldn't be able to via the group mechanism itself.  You have lots of other very easy methods to carry on private conversations with select group members.

I just don't get why people want to circumvent the core feature of a medium that has been in existence as long as this one.  I've been around since the days of Usenet.  You never got to "pick and choose" who you were responding to when you sent a reply to a group message or created a new message going out to the group.

I, as a member of a group, have every right to expect that anything not sent as a private message is going out to the group, not the members of your choosing (for any you, not you personally).