moderated Re: Footer variations in individual emails

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 10:57 AM, Michael Pavan wrote:
All 4 options should be fully functional and operate in the same manner.
I would think whichever one of these was set by the Group Owner, that one is the default behavior when someone replies via e-mail.

I can't imagine what earthly purpose the "Reply to Sender," or "Reply to Moderators," options  at the Group Level would have if a group is to function as a group.  The "Reply to Sender" as default makes the group roundabout e-mail, and the "Reply to Moderators," is some sort of weird "everyone's moderated" status, but I don't even know what the moderators would do with a message not really intended "for them" that comes to them.  As a moderator I can't post as if I were someone else, nor would I want to.

Heaven knows I do not ever want a "Reply to Moderators," or "Reply to Group and Sender," link as part of the standard link cluster in HTML messages.  If anything, the "Reply to Moderators," link would be better identified, were such to be included, as "Report this message to the Moderators," but I wouldn't even necessarily want that.