moderated Re: Footer variations in individual emails

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 11:51 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I could do some work to emulate reply to sender/reply to group functionality through the website for plain text emails
I see no point in doing any extra work for "Reply to Group" as that's the default behavior when one replies to any message (not private, mind you) one receives from Groups.io.

It would be nice to have some way for plain text recipients to be able to do a direct reply to sender without having to post a, "Can you send me your e-mail address so I can contact you off-list?," message, which happens with some frequency.   I am not at all worried about the subject line being prepopulated such as it is when one uses the link in the HTML e-mail, as the vast majority of the cases I see is where people want to establish off-list contact but do not have any direct way to do so without asking for a member's e-mail address.

Personally, and I know this is not going to happen, I would simply eliminate the plain text e-mail option.  It's a hold-over from an era long gone now.  Even screen readers were long ago updated to be able to handle HTML e-mail messages once these became the norm rather than the exception.