moderated Re: groups.io security

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 02:29 AM, Marvin Hunkin wrote:

the only way to then get rid of the spoofer, which was extreme, on
techtalk-chat, was to put the whole group in moderation.
Yes, it is the only way. I run my own mailserver, I know all the technical details of email. I have my whole group on moderation for years (indefinitely) because of a spoofer. A spoofer has the choice between all the mailservers your group members use. If groups.io tries to impose strict incoming email policies, lots of legitimate members of other groups will become unable to post via email.

--
Lena