moderated Re: Temporary ban #suggestion

YT9TP - Pedja

On 17.09.2018 04:03, J_Catlady wrote:
I agree with Duane that I would never want a temporary ban. However, maybe you mean something like "suspend membership," which I recently suggested here?
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/suspend_membership_action/25140223?p=,,,100,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,100,2,0,25140223
Sure it can be done that way too.

But suspended membership is more likely administrative measure but ban is punishment measure. Difference is in the message user gets when his access is limited or when he tries to post to the group.

For an example: if someone do not extend his membership in organization then he is suspended and he gets notice that reason is membership not extended. If someone acts badly then he is is banned and message is that he behaved badly.

That said, it actually may be the same functionality if we are able to set message explaining reason why member is suspended.

--
73,
Pedja YT9TP