moderated Re: Members list without members' email addresses #suggestion

Don McKee

On Tue, Sep 4, 2018 at 01:28 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I can see an advantage to providing that option, but I think it should be sure to clarify that the email addresses of any members who post cannot be hidden from group members who are subscribed via email.
I'm not sure what you mean. I'm looking for an option that lists the "Display Name", but  hides a usable email address.

Also, the display in the list of members without a display name seems problematic. Would you just leave them out?
If users haven't set their display name, then just leave them blank or maybe replaced with "<Not Provided>" (I'm fine with the former). In those cases, all you've got to go on is the part of the email address that's displayed (e.g. "don.mckee@..." in my case). If the email address is omitted completely, then this option may not provide much value for those groups whose members don't set their display name.

It's also a little unclear what's meant by "those without the correct permissions." I would leave that out entirely and have it say "Subscribers, but mask email addresses." Otherwise, you're basically implying that some subscribers could see more than some moderators, and that sounds like a mistake.
What you suggested is what I originally had. I changed it to imply that owners (and moderators with appropriate permissions) would still see the entire email address.

-Don