moderated Members list without members' email addresses #suggestion

Don McKee

[A locked post by the same title, although slightly different request, can be found here.]

I would like the ability to display the "Members" list (not the "Directory") to all subscribers, but omit or obscure the email addresses to those who wouldn't otherwise be able to see them. This would be helpful when I want everyone in a group to be able to see who is (or maybe more importantly, who isn't) subscribed, but still want to maintain some level of privacy.

From a UI perspective, this might be implemented by adding an option to the "Members Visible" setting:
  • Subscribers, but mask email addresses for those without the correct permissions
  • Subscribers
  • All owners, and moderators with the correct permissions
  • Owners Only
Thanks for your consideration!

-Don