Re: setting to moderate every thread a member starts #suggestion

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 03:19 PM, Walter Underwood wrote:
Obviously, it is about managing specific people at specific times
Am just catching this now. No, it's not about managing specific people. It's about managing specific sensitive threads and the RESPONSES to those threads, which can come from anyone in the group. Certain people, because of their cats' conditions, will start such threads and I want to prevent inappropriate or dangerous advice being given to them by OTHER group members, whose identities are unknown until they respond.

Currently I have to jump in and catch such threads and moderate them before they catch fire. I know a priori which people have cats in such conditions, and being able to set them to have their threads moderated would be tremendously helpful.

The alternatives I have now are either to put those people actually on moderation, which I prefer not to do, because that does not allow them to participate freely in other threads; or, as I said, to try to jump in as quickly as I can after the thread starts to take off.

I've explained this in as much detail as I can at this point. Obviously it's up to Mark. The hashtag idea would also work, which I've started another thread about.