Re: setting to moderate every thread a member starts #suggestion

I've already proposed an alternative solution using hashtags. See the other thread. I think Mark will understand the use case and if he doesn't, he's free to ask me. I've explained it to you in greater detail offlist.

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 3:37 PM Walter Underwood <wunder@...> wrote:
With a clear example of the problem, Mark might have a solution that you haven’t thought of.
Mark has seen many more problems than any of us. He’s been doing this for decades.

I’ve maintained conferencing software and I’m active with Solr open source search. We commonly
see requests with an “X/Y problem”, where people have problem X and are asking about
solution Y without explaining the problem. Often, there is already a solution or even a feature
for problem X, but they are focused on the solution they have chosen.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@...
http://observer.wunderwood.org/  (my blog)

On Sep 3, 2018, at 3:30 PM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 03:19 PM, Walter Underwood wrote:
But you won’t explain, so I don’t see how we can help.
I think I HAVE explained, and I'm not asking for your help. :) I'm asking Mark for a feature.
Have a great rest of your Labor Day. :)