Re: setting to moderate every thread a member starts #suggestion

Again: our cats have diagnoses already. None of this has to do with diagnosing them or managing behavior.

And I’m sure my request is both easy to implement and useful, should Mark decide to do it.

I really was trying to avoid all this detailed discussion or justification, because without belonging to the group itself, it’s difficult to understand the issue  or how my request, if implemented, would mitigate it.

And again: groups.io has successfully automated many group management duties  already, thereby relieving moderators of lots of manual labor. There’s no reason for it not to continue doing that.

I don’t think I will continue to try to bat down further objections to the feature. Mark will, as always, make his own decision.

On Sep 3, 2018, at 2:02 PM, Walter Underwood <wunder@...> wrote:

Hmm, I think it has to do with trying to solve bad human behavior with technological blocks. Myself, I’d work with the person. Calling them on the phone has worked for me.

I think specific examples, with redactions of course, would be extremely helpful in understanding this problem. So far, I’ve seen solutions without an understandable problem.

I’m not just shooting in the dark here. I have a disabled child with no diagnosis and I managed discussion groups with 5000 opinionated engineers at Hewlett-Packard.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@...
http://observer.wunderwood.org/  (my blog)

On Sep 3, 2018, at 10:28 AM, J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

I understood you the first time. And again, it's not a matter of not playing nice. It has to do with the particular situation of the group member and their cat.