Re: setting to moderate every thread a member starts #suggestion

Jim Higgins

Received from ro-esp at 9/2/2018 10:45 PM UTC:

In my experience, people don't hijack threads "to avoid moderation". It's more like they are too lazy or too full of themselves to create a new thread and invent a subjectline. It gets worse when moderators don't (know how to) do their job - by which I mean put the user on moderated and reject messages that have a wrong subjectline.

I don't have an appreciable problem with hijacked threads, but I sure do find the direct approach Ronaldo suggests to be an effective solution to other issues. I've said it before... not much substitutes for simply managing our groups when the problem is people doing things they shouldn't... tho sometimes that management involves educating before moderating.

Jim H