moderated Re: Email delivery with Hotmail and MSN

Frances

Hi

About:

That's a reasonable assumption... as long as you also read the whole message to see WHO made the report on delivery status and WHO might be queueing (delaying) the mail. In the case where specific examples were given, it was Outlook.com. Outlook.com belongs to Microsoft... as do MSN and Hotmail. And even if that isn't common knowledge, none of them are Groups.io. So the delivery message was Outlook.com telling Groups.io, "I've got the mail and will deliver it to my customer momentarily." Groups.io has no way to determine whether Outlook.com actually follows thru... so Outlook/MSN/Hotmail customers who aren't getting mail, but who have 250 status reports at GIO, need to contact Outlook/MSN/Hotmail.
Except that we know that there have been problems with some email providers (or iSPs?) before. Mark has had to reach out to the companies to stop treating the Groups.io messages like spam.

At least that was my untechnical understanding!

Frances