Re: setting to moderate every thread a member starts #suggestion

On Tue, Aug 28, 2018 at 03:37 AM, Helen wrote:
I go and change them, but then people responding via e-mail end up in the original thread with the original subject line, and then I have to keep merging the threads.
Exactly! I used to go through this all the time and I eventually just stopped changing subject lines. Now if there's a subject line that's unacceptable for some reason, I edit out the whole message to make it blank (deleting the message prevents locking the thread), lock the thread, and ask the person to repost. Your suggested feature would be very helpful.

My suggestion does, as Mark has pointed out, go beyond yours. And I would prefer to have both. But if he decides to implement only yours, it would still be a help. If I set people whose threads I want to moderate to "moderate first message of every topic," at least I would have a chance to catch their topic before it becomes active and could still put the whole thread on moderation manually.