Re: setting to moderate every thread a member starts #suggestion

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 11:28 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
J's initial case did not specify if she was looking for a setting to apply to specific members or all members. I also cannot see why subsequent replies would also need to be moderated, if the problem lies in the way new topics are started, especially in the way the subject line is designed.
I don't know why I missed these updates to this thread. First, yes I did specify that the setting would be on a per member basis. Otherwise, it would make no sense (having it apply to all members would essentially turn the group into a moderated group). Second, the reason I am asking for the entire thread to be moderated for any thread the person starts is that some people tend to create inappropriate threads, period. Not the subject line, the thread topic itself. (Of course, the subject lines in those and other cases can be problematic, but that's not the issue I'm addressing with this request.)

In answer to Mark's question below, about how to implement both Helen's and my requests without confusing the heck out of people, I'm sure there would be a way to word it. I haven't thought about it, but off the top of my head, I think something like this would work:

[checkbox] Override: moderate the first message of every topic
              [if above checkbox is checked, then display sub-checkbox] Also moderate all replies to every topic started