moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 09:38 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
CHANGE: The pending message notification email now uses the pending message's subscriber email address instead of the Sender line when describing who the message is from.
Hi Mark,

I think this fix was prompted by the problem I was having with the member's email address not showing up in the pending notification, so that I couldn't tell who she was - as reported here:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/moderator_access_to_group/23853562

You had told me, from the support address after I sent you the details, that it was fixed and that it should now show "the correct email address." But she had told me that she was "using a different email address" to post to the group, and she had, and has, no alias set up. What was showing in the pending notice was not the "Sender line" (although I'm not quite sure what you mean by that). The pending notice showed an actual gmail address that is not the one she's subscribed to the group under, so I am still flummoxed.

At any rate, I have a response in to you at support asking about this, so hopefully I can get the answer either here or there as to what is, or was, going on. Thanks!