moderated Re: Messages Read from Group's pages

Leeni

Yes, you are understanding me correctly.
I want to be able to disable the online message archive, if not all together if it can't be done,  but have the option to hide it from members. A new entry in the Visibility dropdown in the group Settings would be wonderful.

Yes that option was available in Y groups
See attachment

A workaround will help if there is one.

I appreciate you opening up the discussion again in GMF as now the issue has become more noticeable about something having to be done since the members now have had time to explore groups IO and what they are able to do that they couldn't do in Y groups because I had that feature disabled from them.

I also realize that this issue may not be high priority for Mark reading about all he has done and needs to do. One thing I do have is patience and understanding as long as I know I have been heard which I have. I do love Groups IO a lot and probably will in the near future transfer my other 3 groups over to IO.

Thanks, Ilene

-------Original Message-------

Date: 8/24/2018 4:10:19 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Messages Read from Group's pages

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 05:01 PM, magicalkingdomgroups@... wrote:
But if it was something I can set up, then I'd give it a try.
If I understand you correctly, what you really want is to disable the online message archive altogether, perhaps as a new entry in the Visibility dropdown in the group Settings. You also previously stated in GMF that this option was available to you in Y!G.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just trying to suggest a workaround that might make life easier for you while Mark ponders (and prioritizes) the notion. We can discuss the settings by reopening your thread in GMF from mid-May. I'll post something over there in a few minutes.

Regards,
Bruce

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.