moderated Re: Virus scanning

Chris V

Mark

the only question I have is will group owners know what emails are rejected?

Otherwise sounds good to me

Chris

On 21/08/2018 04:24, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hi All,

I've been testing virus/phishing scanning the last few weeks and I'm pretty confident that it's catching what it should. In testing, it's scanning all emails, all uploaded files and photos. And right now, if the sender is not a subscriber, it drops any emails it finds has a virus or phishing attack.

My default implementation would be to turn it on so that it blocks all emails, files and photos that it finds has a virus or phishing attempt. Do you see any reason to not do it this way?

The scanner I'm using is here: http://www.clamav.net/