moderated Re: Going to groups directly from browser's address bar

Chris Jones

On Sat, Aug 18, 2018 at 05:15 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Huh?
I don't think I could have put that any better. Firstly the statement Now, I can go to http://groupname.groups.io is incorrect; it returns a list of things that (in my case) Google has found in respect of the group I moderate. To have any chance of working it has to be https... which makes a world of difference.to the outcome.

I still don't know what the "point" actually is anyway; I have a shortcut on this PC (ditto the laptop used when I am elsewhere) which takes me to a (Groups.io) list of all my groups from which I can go to the message page of my choice. No typing in the browser at all.

Chris ("Puzzled of Northern England")