moderated Re: Site updates #changelog

"Once the user does get the email and follows up and makes the requested correction, the post goes through. "
That's not what happened in my group member's case, according to her. She made the correction and the post did not go through. There was nothing in pending, and I got no notification. She made the same correction via a new email message (and I believe her - the person is very smart and meticulous, although I will send the relevant details to Mark at support to verify this) and it then went through.

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 8:33 PM, Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...> wrote:
On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 11:22 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Re-reading her message more closely, on top of everything it actually seems like this is a bug. She apparently(?) corrected her message to have an allowed hashtag, but that didn't work. She was told it was awaiting release, but I never got anything about it. She finally, according to what she says here, just resent a new message through email. So if what she's saying is right, the system for correcting a hashtag to an allowable one is not functioning.

I just checked again to see what what happens when a user tries to use a new hashtag and that isn't allowed. If done online, there is a dropdown called "Tags" to pick from valid hashtags. If the user insists on entering a new one in the subject line, there is an error message saying it is not allowed.

If the user is making the post via email, the user is sent an email explaining the issue and requesting it be corrected by clicking on a link. That is not a reply to the original email and can easily end up in a spam bin. Once the user does get the email and follows up and makes the requested correction, the post goes through. So, it is working as designed for these cases. Perhaps with moderation in force, not so much.

My recommendation is to not use the "bounce" option and just use the "strip" option. At least the message gets through.

--
Gerald