moderated Re: Database upgrade #downtime - Fri, 8/17/18 9:00pm-11:00pm #downtime #cal-reminder

On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 06:55 AM, Susan Fox wrote:
they should NOT resist the impulse to tell other groups how great Groups.IO is
Go ahead and tell people, but be prepared for strong resistance (and rotten eggs thrown in your face;). This morning the mod of that group posted another message saying the delay in my messages is my own ISP's fault (it's not), and that they looked into it and groups.io only provides 1 mg of free storage as opposed to yahoo's "very important" 2 mg. I know of several non-premium io groups with greater storage requirements than theirs, and I debated arguing, but I'm not going out on a limb again after what happened last time.