moderated Topics Splitting that shouldn't split

Brian Vogel <britechguy@...>

I have noticed recently, particularly on one group I'm on [Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users], that when I reply via the web interface the result is a new topic.

I am 100% certain that I have not touched the subject line in any way, which I know can cause an unintended split.    Has anyone else been experiencing this, even if intermittently, anywhere else?

Any theories on what would cause it?