moderated Re: Improving my workflow

Steph Mathews

My only suggestion would be maybe have a support team in place to help you with the support address.  A team of people to represent your service.  Plus, it would lesson your load some, and, they would be working for you when you are on vacation as well.

Have a blessed day! Steph

From: Mark Fletcher
Sent: Tuesday, August 7, 2018 5:55 PM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: [beta] Improving my workflow

Hi All,

As I mentioned before I went on vacation, I'm thinking of ways to improve my workflow. That is, I've been thinking about how I decide what to work on and how to track all the feature requests and bug reports that come in, without constantly distracting me. Right now, there's the Trello board, but it's inconsistently updated. And there's beta's archives, which are a trove of suggestions and requests. Also, the requests and bug reports that come into support. And finally, there are the personal requests sitting in my inbox, from Enterprise users and others.

Here's what I've come up with. Please let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions.

  • Beta's archives become the source of truth and I deprecate the Trello board.
  • I rely on a series of hashtags to organize and prioritize feature requests and bug reports.
  • Every N days or so, I go through beta's archives and assign hashtags/merge threads as appropriate.
  • If there's a request or bug report in my inbox or sent to support, I will post a new message to beta with that.

Here are the potential hashtags (all would be Use By Mods Only):

  • Categories: #bug, #messages, #members, #features, #calendar, #photos, #files, #chat, #database, #wiki, #profiles, #search
  • Implementation effort estimate: #quick, #medium, #hard, #exhard

I would also like a way to prioritize things, but I haven't figured that part out yet.

Thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks, Mark