moderated Re: Calendar missing "Last" function for repeating events

Michael Pavan

Some events repeat on the last <weekday> of the month, e.g. "Monthly on the Last Saturday"
which will be either the 4th or 5th Saturday of a month
(because except for non-leap year Februaries, all months have 29, 30, or 31 days).

The Calendar: Repeats: Repeat Summary automatically chooses: Fourth or Fifth
depending on the particular month when the repeating event's start date is set,
unfortunately this design does not recognize that the event could be Last, rather than Fourth or Fifth.

I suggest the fix is to make it a manual choice of: First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, or Last

I understand this conceptually, but am having a difficult time mapping it to the existing system (perhaps lingering jet lag has something to do with it). Can you give me some examples using the existing system and what you'd add?
Maybe the fix is:
1) Reposition "Repeat by day of the week” to after “Repeats” drop down menu, but before "Repeat Every” drop down menu - and perhaps "Repeat by day of the month” button, too

2) Change "Repeat by day of the week” from a button (on/off) to a drop down menu (First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, or Last)
[Let the user set this, rather than have an algorithm try to figure it out if it is Fourth, Fifth, or Last when the day is the 29th, 30th, or 31st of a month]

3) If “Last” is selected, bypass "Repeat Every” drop down menu, or add “N/A or “as occurs” to "Repeat Every” drop down menu

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.