moderated Re: Repeating request for character limit in auto signature

Randy Thomson

Ok, for some reason the first link wasn’t the correct one. I think this one will work. Click Randy’s Profile at the bottom of the message. Hopefully it will go to my profile. I’m working strictly from email, except for creating the profile and grabbing the link to put in the signature. The signature (with profile link) is attached to the email message by groups.io, per normal group email. My ‘real’ signature is manually included so it doesn’t get stuck after the message I’m replying to, in MS Outlook.

RandyT

From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of Randy Thomson via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 2:55 PM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Repeating request for character limit in auto signature

Actually, if a profile link could be placed in the signature that would be available even in emails. Unfortunately, the link I added in my signature (at the far bottom of this email, as well, I think) doesn’t go to my profile, as I thought it would. More research needed.

RandyT

From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of J_Catlady
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 2:39 PM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Repeating request for character limit in auto signature

I'm thinking that I like your profile idea more and more. The problem is that it would not be available to people responding only via email, and that includes some of the most knowledgeable people in our group (including the vets). So we would have to stick with the signature. And as I've said, it still doesn't solve the length problem...but I do like the idea.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.

I wish I could shut up, but I can't, and I won't. - Desmond Tutu

--

Groups.io Links:

You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#17784) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [k5mw@...]

_._,_._,_

--
Randy's Profile

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.