moderated Re: Repeating request for character limit in auto signature

True, but the person would have to be logged in to access the link, and the people who use exclusively email for the group are usually not logged in. But you're still making a pretty good case. I'll think about it for my group. Would still have to solve the length issue, though. Your idea is more or less separate from that.

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 12:55 PM, Randy Thomson via Groups.Io <k5mw@...> wrote:

Actually, if a profile link could be placed in the signature that would be available even in emails. Unfortunately, the link I added in my signature (at the far bottom of this email, as well, I think) doesn’t go to my profile, as I thought it would. More research needed.

RandyT

From: main@beta.groups.io <main@beta.groups.io> On Behalf Of J_Catlady
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 2:39 PM
To: main@beta.groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Repeating request for character limit in auto signature

I'm thinking that I like your profile idea more and more. The problem is that it would not be available to people responding only via email, and that includes some of the most knowledgeable people in our group (including the vets). So we would have to stick with the signature. And as I've said, it still doesn't solve the length problem...but I do like the idea.

Randy's Profile