moderated Re: Repeating request for character limit in auto signature

I send very occasional reminders and otherwise contact people privately to limit their signature lines. They do.
I don't know what your group is about, but either your are fortunate, or perhaps, unlike mine and Victoria's, which require information such as age, weight, diagnosis, and meds in the signature, your group does not require a certain set of information to be included in the sig. When you ask users for input, it is usually helpful to limit the space they are allocated for the input to prevent them from writing novels.