moderated Re: allow more than one email delivery method #suggestion

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 10:30 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 03:50 AM, Helen Howes wrote:
The easy way is to subscribe with two email accounts
Right! And that's exactly what I'm trying to avoid having to do. :-)

I still think this is a fishy idea, but I also have another really fishy idea.

There is an issue that just popped up on GMF and it appears to have to do with email addresses with and without periods. I don't think it is entirely sorted out, but if there is a loophole in the GIO account system (eg - bug), then you might be able to have your cake and eat it too.

Make another GIO account with the same email address you already are using, except add some extra punctuation characters such as a period, dash or underscore in the email address. It is still treated as the same email address for email, but it seems that GIO might accept it as a different email address. After it was set up you could have individual emails and digests sent to the same actual email address.

Yes, I know that's not what you want, but I did say it was very fishy. Another caveat, I don't know for sure if this would actually work.

--
Gerald