moderated Re: Problem with the way Groups.io sends group messages

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 7:14 AM, Chris V <chris@...> wrote:
See
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/topic/22405820#9379

I have just set up a group of some 300 and been hit by this 'feature'
This is MORE than just a spam issue. People sign up to talk to others of similar interested.
BUT they do not sign up to have everyone know their email address.

It sounds like you're looking for a forum type system, strictly (or mostly) web based. We're probably not the right solution for you.

Because of this and the EU GDPR regulations I have had to close the group I just set up (lasted a couple of days)

FWIW, my lawyers have no issue with respect to GDPR regulations about how we send messages.

Cheers,