moderated Re: Configurable date and time format options

On 22 Jun 2018 at 14:19, Arno Martens wrote:

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 09:27 pm, Shal Farley wrote:

ISO 8601 for that would be 2003-03-09.
Don't know why we cannot state it as a scientific notation in declining order of
importance. 2018-06-22 17:18

Even though, my favourite to eliminate ambiguity is 2018-Jun-22
I totally agree with that, even though I never use dates in either of those
formats. For my own use (depending on context) it would be either 22-06-18 or
22 Jun 2018 (or even occasionally, as when writing a cheque 22nd June 2018).

All quite a contrast with olden times. I've seen a number of old wills in which
the equivalent was written as "The 22nd day of June anno Domini 2018",
sometimes with the "anno Domini" part written (fully) in Englsh translation,
and sometimes with even the numbers written out in words instead of figures.
Must have taken quite a time to write all that lot out with a quill pen!

Jim Fisher

--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)